Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Updates & Random Shots.


(above) Mareth-Dale & Tilly in their crates, drugged up for the trip North. (below) Tilly, despite being given meds to calm her down for the trip, made squeaky-meow sounds for the entire 7 and a half hours of the trip. She laid on her back, chewed on the metal cage doors and reminded us why we never, ever take her anywhere! Our car was packed to the brim! We left all our stuff in storage in Kentucky, packed the car full and headed to Warsaw, IN, where we are currently living with grandparents, which is going quite well. We have our own space, and the girls are adjusting, although neither of them are too sure about Grandpa. His booming voice is a bit scary, so when he is sitting in his chair, they walk waaaaaay around him. Kinda funny...


Me 'n my kitty. Mareth-Dale yet again "helping" me with packing.


Our former residence. We both miss this place. We are in the process of looking for a place to live, rent or buy. We are hoping for a really sweet deal on a heavily discounted foreclosure, or a really good rental. We will see what happens....


Mareth-Dale helping me pack.


Adam Stigall. Adam was in my first ever English class, my first year teaching at Williamsburg High School. We practically grew up together. I gave him detention for using sign language behind my back! He was also Benvolio in our amazing production of Romeo & Juliet. He is now 25 and will start his third year of law school this fall. No, he does not make me feel old! It is such a blessing to have former students who remain close, personal friends! (Ladies, he's single!!)


Rachel Patrick and my little brother Luke Edwards sitting on the porch swing at Mom 'n Dad's.


Random shot of my feet.


Rachel Patrick will soon be Dr. Rachel Patrick! She is getting her doctorate in psychology.
I think I will call her Dr. Rach.

Now that we are here and have settled and rested a bit AND have fast internet access, I will do my best to post more updates. A quick update on P90X: we are still going strong. This is our 4th full week and considered our "recovery week", which means that we are not doing any weight lifting, mainly stretching, yoga and cardio. I've lost 6 lbs total, which might be disheartening, BUT I can tell I have lost inches off my waist and posterior, AND I can tell my legs and arms are shapening up! Whoo Hoo! Hubby is lookin' mighty fine as well! Yesterday I sooo did NOT want to work out. It was a new workout, and blah, blah, blah... I just did not want to do it. BUT, I "showed up." Brandon and I worked out together. It was actually a really good workout, and I actually felt stronger than I have before! It's exciting! (More to come...)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to know you guys are somewhat settled...hope you find a place with a lil more permanence very quickly!

Enjoying your updates!!!! Congrats on the success of your lifestyle changes!!!

Margo said...

You look so happy! It's so great to see all those pictures, and I'm glad that you are feeling good about the change. :-)

I card your sweet card. You're so thoughtful and hearing from you always brightens my day.

I feel like I haven't been keeping in touch very well. I'm sorry about that. I'm pretty zonked lately. I'm keeping my brother's little girl while he's at work now, and I haven't adjusted fully to the extra work load. I'm feeling great though, just tired!!

Know that I love you, pray for you and think of you and Brandon often!!