Friday, March 7, 2008

Been a while...

Wow. I have not blogged in over a month! Time flies! I have been caught up in Facebook, which is a wonderful networking tool that has allowed me to reconnect with many friends who are scattered all over the world!

I am still loving being a housewife. I applied to substitute teach at my alma mater high school, but have not been called yet. I'd like a little extra spending money, but if I am not called, that's okay too.

We are on a normal schedule now, and have been since after Christmas. I got more things done when we were on a more ridged schedule, but I like living 1st shift better.

The whole dog adoption thing... well, I am glad we went through that. We have decided that we are definitely cat-people. We do enjoy dogs, but cats just fit our life right now. I do believe that later in life we will have a dog or two. But, we have decided that we will get our dog from a puppy so we can really bond with it and train it. I wouldn't mind to have another cat or two. They are just so much fun, and we enjoy having them lounging on us and around us.

Spring is coming! Daylight Savings Time changes this weekend. I like the fall time change best, when we gain an hour. It always takes me a couple weeks to get use to the spring time change.

As far as Wilhite family news goes, all I can say as this time is that we are preparing and praying about change. We could move again, but that is not certain. As Brandon reminded me, we will continue to move UP. Satan was screwing with my head and trying to tell me that if we move that we won't find a nice place to live, that our standard of living will go down, that we will have to settle for less than God's best. Yes, I had those thoughts, but my sweet hubby reminded me that when we move again, our standard of living will go up, that God will continue to prosper us. It was like a 150 watt light bulb turned on in my head. Satan is such a bastard. He really likes to keep us fearful so that we DON'T experience God's best for us. So, yesterday was a good day, and God reminded me that He IS prospering us. He IS giving us His best. He IS bestowing his favor on us.... HE IS... It's so good to rest in that thought.

No comments: