Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ziva Came Home!


Tilly had no idea that her world was getting ready to crash down around her!!

This is Ziva Dora Rhenn. Ziva means radiant and beautiful (And we are fans of Ziva David on NCIS...we love that show!!); Dora is an Elven name from somewhere in the Tolkein worlds; and Rhenn is from the Elven Valley of Rhenn from the Shannara series by Terry Brooks. Ziva now lives with us! We live with a dog!


Here is Ziva (zee-vah) lounging.
Greyhounds really are 45 mile per hour couch potatoes!


At first we were keeping Ziva in the front of the house, so the cats would feel safe. Mareth has done great with the whole change; infact, she could care less. Tilly, on the other hand, was a bit explosive at first, and scared Ziva! Tilly has done better, but there is still a major adjustment period going on... for all of us!!

This is now her spot! We think that she is a bit sad and missing her foster sisters and family... and is still not sure who we are ... But, I think she will come out of it as we walk her and travel with her. She really is beautiful, and I will try to get more pics up of her face... She has been wonderful about going outside to potty!.. and overall... she is doing well!!

Me on the other hand... Well, I did not sleep at all last night. With this new animal in the house, then sounds, the concerns (Is she going to potty in her crate?... which she did NOT!) So, I tossed and turned and checked on her. I asked myself, "Stacey, if you are this anxious about a new dog in your house... what are you going to be like when you have new babies lying in a crib??" I realized that my nights of complete, fully restful, undisturbed nights of sleep are slowly coming to an end... ha! Anyway, I am adjusting too. Brandon and Mareth are even keels!! =]

Ziva is a swetie. I am so glad that she has now found her "forever home." She was a good racer, then bounced around from home to home. We will make this work because she needs family, stability and consistency.

Welcome home Ziva Dora!!!

2 comments:

seesa said...

Hey there! She's Beautiful! and I LOVE her name.yes they say dogs/puppies will prepare you for children:)LOL!...and I'm sure that she and Tilly and Mareth will soon become friends even with their "species" differences:) anyway have fun and enjoy her!
CONGRATULATIONS! love ya...mom
(hope to see you guys on the 26th?)

Stacey Renee said...

Thanks, MOM!! Nice surprise to see you on my blog!! Glad you like her! She is a sweetie and adjustments are being made!! Love you! and miss you! As far as I know we will be there on the 26th. I am leaving all that up to Brandon! See you soon!! Love you!