Wednesday, January 2, 2008

January 2008

January 2008 already. Hard to believe that we moved down here in May of 2007. Time has flown!!

For us, our new year begins on June 9th, which is our anniversary. We have both lived and worked in the education world where the academic calendar goes from August to May or June... (Yes, July doesn't count...ha!). Perhaps that is why it is more natural for us to feel like our year ends in June and begins there after. Therefore, January does not really feel like the new year to me... perhaps, also, because our life together began in June, and by celebrating our anniversary, we are also celebrating a new year together. Yes, I know. Rather odd. But, this is coming from the third shift house wife who makes lunch at 4 a.m. and is enjoying being a total recluse! So, odd is relevant, I suppose. And, starting a new year in June is par for us!

We received our first snow last night. About an inch. And it's January!! No snow until January here! Ahhh... yes, I love it!! I forgot how mild the winters are here. I've been up north for 6 years, and have grown accustomed to the cold, snow, and frigid winds... Not so much here..
It's suppose to be 61 degrees on Tuesday (Jan 8, my birthday!!) next week!! Sounds good to me. I was planning on going out today and getting a few items... but, since it's cold... I'll wait 'til it warms up! ha!

I am still very much enjoying being home. I am enjoying being the Domestic Engineer and Quarter Master of the Wilhite Household!! AND, I really enjoy cooking!! I've watched the Food Network over the holidays and can't seem to get enough of it. I like variety in what we eat, although we have favorites that I fix often, like boneless hot wings or variations of that. (This week I'll be working on a buffalo chicken bake served on French bread. Yummo!)

I appreciate all of you who browse my blog to keep up with us! I have heard from some of you!! Keep that fan mail coming! ha!

1 comment:

Margo said...

snow! Even an inch would be nice around here. It was almost 80 today!! Can you believe it?! It is really nice in the evenings though.