Saturday, December 22, 2007

Sleep like a.... kitty?

25 hours. I was awake yesterday for 25 hours. I have no idea why. I thought I'd get sleepy yesterday evening, but nooooo. I went to bed at midnight, having gotten up at 11:00 p.m. the night before. After getting up at midnight and having my customary 2 (or was it 3?) cups of pumpkin spice coffee, I cleaned my house; I even ran the vacuum. At a 7 a.m. I got totally dressed for the day and headed over to my mother's for breakfast. Then later I went to a friends house; she is more like my aunt. We chatted for literally hours. Once I got home, I was just hyper, which I credit to it being Christmastime. I've been gitty about Christmas! I'm not sure why... maybe it's because I am home, home this year. "Home, home" is where I grew up, where Mama and Daddy are. The weather has been warm! 61 degrees today and sunny! There are presents under the tree! Gingerbread cookies... Daddy made home made candies... I'm catering a yummy Sunday brunch for my folks tomorrow: monkey bread, breakfast sausage balls, mini-stack cakes, gingerbread cookies, pumpkin bread pudding, and a breakfast casserole.... Yummy, good times!!

Now, about sleeping. I wish I could sleep like my cats. They sleep soundly and abandonedly. They curl up, even snore, and look so peaceful. Course it'd be nice to fit on the back of the couch, but I'll settle for just sleeping soundly.

5 comments:

Margo said...

Are you out of your mind?! TAKE A NAP GIRL!

Stacey Renee said...

I did. I slept for 11 hours last night... (Yes, I know. I don't have babies, so I can do that! and Yes, I am enjoying these numbered days!!)

Margo said...

enjoy them while you can, sistah! ;)

Margo said...

enjoy them while you can, sistah! ;)

Margo said...

oops. I posted that twice. I must really mean it! ha!