Thursday, May 3, 2007

9 Days and a Wake Up!

Eight days and a wake up until the big move! We pull out early on Saturday May 12th. I have been packing like a mad fool all week. Everything is slowly, but surely, making its way into a box or plastic container, or into a box to go to GoodWill, which I have to say is quite cathartic. I am enjoying the simplicity of the minimal items that are left. When we move into the HOUSE (praise God for a HOUSE!), I plan to continue to get rid of superfluous items that just cause me mental anguish. It is amazing how hanging on to STUFF can cause one to feel burdened. Sometimes I want to live like the Japanese in the Kung Fu movies... like in the Japanese village in the movie The Last Samurai. There is practically NOTHING in any room. Ok, so that might be a bit extreme, but if I could just find a balance...

Also, in a week from Monday I will start my new job. I will be working as a secretary in a law firm. My boss is a friend of mine from high school. (I'll refer to him as BossMan) BossMan and I grew up together. His brother and my brother are the same age, so we all knew each other really well. BossMan has had his firm for almost a year now. Seems like every time I tell some one I will be working in a law firm, visions of Law and Order dance through their heads and they say, "Oooh, wow! Good for you!" The pay is waaaay less than what they think, and I am sure not nearly as glamorous. However, I plan to do my very best, and help him build up his firm. My pay will increase as his business increases, so that is incentive for me to work hard. I also feel it is a mission field, at least at this time. Well, any place with people is a mission field, but I feel more of a spiritual tugging when I think about working there. Its an odd feeling, but I know more will be revealed in time...

We will be living one mile from where I will be working. I plan to commit to walking to and from work this summer. I know this might sound crazy, but Brandon and I walk almost three miles (ok, not every day...), and it is not a hard walk. So, I figure one mile (down hill) in the morning and one mile (up hill) in the evening will help my body and mind. Also, it will save gas! Have you seen the prices of gas lately!! Oh my word! Fortunately, Brandon works at home and if I am walking to work, that should really, really save on gas! Everything else we need is with in a 10 mile radius, so hopefully we can really save on gas this summer!

I only plan to be available to sub for two days next week, then I will be off to finish packing and cleaning. Brandon announced last night that he will be taking next week off to help pack and clean. What a man! I looooove that he is his own boss! He works so very hard. I am so proud of him; I get warm fuzzies when I think about all he has, is and will accomplish! He is a man of tenacious strength and courage. He is my Champion!

I'm off to pack boxes, rearrange boxes, and clean around boxes! Today is a good day!

2 comments:

Margo said...

Wow! There's so much going on in your life right now. Exciting stuff. I'll be prayingfor you as all these new changes take place! Margo

Stacey Renee said...

Thank you for your prayers! I know it will go smoothly, in the name of Jesus!! Whoo hoo! Good times! My prayers are with you too and your family!