Saturday, March 3, 2007

If you want this, come and claim this!!

I've been reading the first book, or rather a prequel, to the series Shannara by Terry Brooks. These books (I'm reading The First King of Shannara, Shannara being a family name, Elven family name that is. I am fascinated by Elves, and enjoy reading about them.) are fantasy, mirroring the Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, except not as dense. The Shannara series takes the main characters through a journey, battling the elements, and the powerful, sinister Evil-doer. There are Elves (my favorite), Dwarves, and Gnomes, oh my! And sorcerers, faeries, horses, and moore cats (really cool, yet very scary lion/tiger-type cats that can change colors with their environment). I have allowed myself time to sit down and really get into this book. I am on the last "book" of this book; it is split into three sections within the book itself, and have the next book in the series, The Sword of Shannara, on stand-by.

One of the main characters, Breman, a Gandulf-type character, and his two companions, Mareth and Kinson, are on a journey, fighting evil, of course. Several times their journey takes them across the land, somewhat like Middle Earth. They are exposed to the elements, rain, heat, darkness, harsh sun, lack of food, walking for miles and miles and miles at a time, all the while trying to stay hidden from the Skull Bears who fly in the sky searching out their prey to devour them and the evil Warlock Lord (ooooooooh, scary). Yet, Breman and his small posse push forward, knowing that the cause for which they endure all if this is much greater than the hunger pains, wet clothes, tired feet, and sometimes even doubt of self and cause.

Now bare with me. What I am about to say might sound very silly; I am aware of that, however, I have thought a lot about this lately.

Brandon and I are on a journey. We have been entrusted, charged with a great and mighty mission. From the beginning of our marriage, Satan has done a great deal to try to keep us from that mission. He is the Evil Force in our story. He is the Warlock Lord and Skull Bearer and Sauron who constantly tells us that we cannot and will not succeed, as well as putting obstacles in our path. Many times he has tried to knock us down or tear at our marriage. Many times he has tried to discourage us through circumstances which seem to tear at us, such as our recent set back in Maryville, TN. Yet, we trudge forward into the rain, heat, and darkness. We have had to regroup, set up another strategy, prepare a new battle plan, all the while clinging to each other and to the mission which God has given us. Right now, finances are tight, probably the tightest they have ever been. You know why? Because we are on the cusp of an amazing and major break through. All this lean-ness makes us even more determined to make it happen, to complete our journey, and not only complete it but complete it with joyous hearts and soaring spirits. (Take THAT Satan! ha!)

During the weekend of our crazy event with the lady in Maryville and all the crazy emotions I was going through, I had a friend email me. She responded to my email about the whole situation. She said for us to expect a huge blessing from God in March. Now, some of you may not believe the Gifts of the Spirit, which include a Word of Knowledge, but that is ok. You don't have to. We do, and in this story, that's what matters. I believe we will receive a huge blessing in March. She confirmed to me what my spirit had already been whispering to me. Expect God's blessing and miracle in your life. Expect it in March. Believing, you WILL receive.

We will continue forward, trudging through the elements, the small battles and even the great battles, because, you see, before we fight those battles, we already have victory. Christ went before us, fought those battles and won. As we march forward in faith, holding tightly to our great charge, we are victorious, triumphant conquerors.

When we are faced with another battle, whether it be finances, doubt, or impatience, I picture myself as Arwen, the Elven princess, astride the white steed, holding tightly to my charge facing Satan and his minions, with their black wraith cloaks and menacing faceless horrors pointed directly at me... With the Almighty Power of Jesus Christ pulsing through my veins and victory claimed, I dare them..

"If you want this, come and claim this!!!!"

5 comments:

Margo said...

You really are a gifted writer. As usual, this is inspiring!!

I'm sorry I haven't emailed you yet. So many things have been happening.

Stacey Renee said...

Margo! Girl! Don't you apologize for nothin'! You've got a house, husband, and two boys to take care of, plus all the other stuff going on right now... I only have an apartment, a hubby and two cats... So, you usurp me!! Don't worry. I have a feeling that some day you and I will be able to sit down and have a cup of coffee!! Do you drink coffee??
You and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers. Just now, God has shown me a beautiful picture of Christ standing in the middle of your family, with his arms around several, then moving slowly thru the crowd of family, touching each one of them. So, know Christ is there... and He gives comfort!!

Love you sweetie!! Hugs from Indiana!!

Stacey

Margo said...

Thank you, Thank you! I know he's with us. I can sense him moving.

You know, I don't drink coffe, but If we ever get together I'll drink it with you. :-)

Margo said...

By the way, I'll be believing with you for that March blessing!

Margo said...

Me again...

I laid my hand upon yours and Brandon's photo on the screen and started to pray. I started out praying, but the Lord took over. Before I knew it I was laughing. I felt a confirmation in my spirit that it is done! Keep believing!