Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Movin' Time!

Ok, this entry will not be in article form. This is just a plain ol' blog. My thoughts spattered out in random order...

We have made a decision. We are moving! Finally. That's that.

Brandon told me on Monday that he made the decision. His business is not ideally where we would like it to be to move, BUT that's ok. We are ready to take that risk. We are ready to hold hands and jump with both feet off of this proverbial cliff.

We have decided to move to Williamsburg, Kentucky, which is where I grew up and where my family lives. (Yes, my mom and dad are VERY excited!!) We want to live in the Smoky Mountains, but we believe that 1.) the cost of living in Williamsburg should be much less 2.) it will be so great to be around my family on a regular, consistent basis 3.) since Brandon will be living like a hermit anyway, we might as well be where the cost of living is less and closer to my folks.

Williamsburg is a very small town; actually it has grown a lot since I have been gone. But, we are both ready to just live quietly, peacefully, and very simply.

We leave on Saturday to drive down there for a week. During that week, I will be looking for work and for housing. Ok, this might sound weird to some, but I had a vision last night about our house. We are praying for a house in the country. I believe God showed me where we will live, at least showed me the house... Maybe I just want this really badly... but, in case this is totally a God-thing, I want to write it down... I saw a two story farm house in the country. It was white with a large, old tree to the left of the house (my left as I am looking at the house...). I was at a ladies' gathering last night, ladies from church. We were all praying when God showed this to me. It could be wishful thinking.. but, I believe it is from God in some way..

If I get a job next week and we find housing, then we are moving; just like that. We had said that we would wait until June... But, that was only because I have been subbing and making some money for us. If I get a job in Williamsburg, then there is no reason that we need to stay here... Whooo Hooo!!

Anyway, I just want to praise God for all His goodness, blessing, and prosperity. He is taking care of us and providing for our needs and desires! God is awesome! Thank you, Jesus!!

4 comments:

Margo said...

I'm so excited for you!! Praying that you have a wonderful house and you find the perfect home. :-)

Margo said...

LOL~I meant to say, "Praying that you have a wonderful VISIT and find the perfect home."

Stacey Renee said...

Thanks, Margo!
You are awesome! I'll email you and update you on life!

Margo said...

My computer has been all out of whack. If you email and I don't respond it's not because I don't love you ;-), it's because I might not have gotten the message. Hope all is well.