Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Seven Random Things

This post has been inspired by a blog I read: Our Little Acre. I highly recommend you browse this sight/site.

Seven Random Things about myself. (Not in order of importance, randomness, or weirdness.)

1. I have no wisdom teeth. I never did and never will. I had x-rays done over 10 years ago, and they are just not there.

2. I have circumferenced the globe. In 2000, I flew to Australia via going west, out of L.A. then to Singapore, to New Zealand to Perth, Western Australia. After a 6 weeks stay, I flew to Holland and stayed for 3 weeks, then flew to France, then to Cincinnati, thus circumferencing the Earth!

3. I have a "thing" for the numbers 11:11 & 1:11. It's weird. When I see those numbers, it's a special thing. Psalm 91:11 says that angels watch over us and protect us. I have two other friends who have a weird "thing" with 11:11 and 1:11... When I see those numbers, I think of my friends... and well, it's a positive vibe... Weird, I know.

4. I do not eat green bell peppers (or "mangoes" to some! Thanks Kylee for an informative post!!) They hurt me. Waaaay too acidic. I will occasionally have yellow or orange bell peppers, due to their mildness. I also do not eat canned peas. It's a texture thing. I can't stand the squoosh in my mouth! I will eat snap and sugar peas, especially when stir fried! Yum! (My hubby does not eat celery -texture thing- green bell peppers (same reason as me), nor does he eat onions - we differ there. I do enjoy a good onion with a meal! My Hub'Dub, having a theological background, says that after Adam and Eve were thrown out of the Garden of Eden, THEN God created the onion, out of the darkness of sin and wrong-doing of Man. Ha!!)

5. I met my husband in a bar. Neither of us frequented bars then (Seven years ago! Where does time go???). Neither of us had ever been to that bar before, and we have never been back. A divine appointment in a bar. Hooda-thunk?

6. I bought my wedding dress in Australia and had it shipped home. I paid less than $285 for it. It was called a "Marilyn Monroe-style" dress, and I bought it at the "Memphis Boutique"... in Australia.

7. I can still do the splits. Yes, ok.. that's random and weird.. But, having a dance background, I understand the importance of flexibility and maintaining that flexibility on into life.


There you have it. Random, weird information about me.

4 comments:

Margo said...

I can still do the splits too! OK, so not as easily as I could 10 years ago, but still. ;-)

No wisdom teeth, huh? Lucky. I had mine surgically removed about 6 years ago becasue they never came in. Ouch.

#2 is really neat! I wish I could do something like that some day!

Kylee Baumle said...

Love it! I still have my wisdom teeth, but I'm missing four bicuspids as a result of orthodontics. My mom and dad both only had three of their wisdom teeth, yet I have all four!

I can sort of still do the splits. I was in gymnastics and was a cheerleader, so that may be part of the reason why. It hurts to do them, though.

Loved this post, Stacey!

Stacey Renee said...

Thank you for the comments! Great to know people are reading...

Unknown said...

Amazingly, after 2 kids and being several pounds heavier...I can still do the splits too! I danced from the time I was 6 years until my sophomore year of college, miss it SO...MUCH!!!!