Thursday, April 3, 2008

Forward Toward Prosperity

Winds of Change II

I said something BIG was coming. Well, here it is. (No, I am not pregnant. Nowadays, I seem to have to preface any news, especially big news with the words, "No, I am not pregnant!" ha!)

Brandon and I have accepted teaching and administration positions at Monarch Christian Academy in Warsaw, IN. Yes, we are moving back to Warsaw.

Shocker, huh?

First, I want everyone to know that Kentucky DID work out. When we tell friends that we are headed back to Warsaw, they immediately think that Kentucky did not work. Oh, no... It worked just fine. God has blessed us. I've been a housewife. We have enjoyed a very quiet, peaceful time in Kentucky. It's been soooo wonderful to be so close to my folks, and get to know them as friends... We don't WANT to leave them... We don't want to leave the "warm" Southern winters!!

So, why the move?

We have been praying for specific things for about 2 years. And about 4 of those answers have come all at once in the way of working at MCA and moving back to Warsaw. Brandon and I will be working together, which is a huuuuge deal for me. We could not and probably would not do this if we were not working together... and there are many other things that just seem to fall into place...

We are praying for housing and a smooth move. My prayer is that we can move straight into a house with out having to stay with family for a week or so! We are praying for a 3 to 4 bedroom home that will be comfortable, affordable, and kitty-cat friendly!

We plan to move in June or July sometime... could be sooner or later. For those of you who don't know, Warsaw is about 3 hours South of Chicago, 3 and a half hours from Cincinnati. We are close to Fort Wayne and South Bend (Notre Dame), Indiana.

We believe that this new season in Warsaw will be just that... a new and different season. A season of serious financial growth, family growth (babies!), spiritual growth. It is very exciting. We will be going from a very slow, self-paced schedule, to one that is quite a bit busier in comparison, which is fine. I knew that our reclusive lifestyle would come to an end.

I am very much looking forward to being close to many of our very close friends, and I am especially glad we are going to going to our HOME church. New Life Christian Church and Outreach World is the most amazing church. (click on Monarch Christian Academy for more info.) MCA is located in the basement, and when the church was constructed, the school school was designed into the building.

Thank you for keeping us in your prayers as be begin yet another Wilhite Adventure!!

9 comments:

Chad French said...

So when are you heading up north? Contact me when you are settled in and we'll do dinner.

Stacey Renee said...

that sounds awesome, chad!! We are lookin' at June or July... could be sooner or later... but, we would definitely love to get together.. Bring your woman!!

Sean and Heather said...

Even if we cant hang out before ya'll head up north, we may be able to hang out on one of my trips to my sister's house in Zeeland, MI. You are only about 2 and 1/2 hrs from her place. So maybe I will be able to stop at your place for a night going or coming. I will be praying for you and Brandon as you make this transition. I hope and pray that the pitter patter of little Wilhite feet will come soon after the move! Love ya!

Stacey Renee said...

Thanks Heather!! I am looking forward to our move... not the moving part... but actually getting up here (we are in Warsaw this week...) We are headed out to look at a place to rent today... I am still praying that our move is smooooooth. That we can quickly find a place to transition into...

Much love to you and Sean. Y'all remain in my prayers and I am still praying that you get pregnant!!=]

We'd love to have y'all stay with us any time!!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! What big news you have! haha! Congratulations! It sounds like this is an amazing opportunity for both of you! OK, I guess we're going to have to go back to Indiana soon so we can drive through Williamsburg and visit with you guys! :D

Best wishes to you guys...hope you are able to find a place to live quickly!

Stacey Renee said...

Mama Chef!! Thank you so much! Yeah, crazy things are happening!! We'd love to have you.. in KY or visiting in IN too!! I'll keep the site posted about the goings-on... and housing, esp.!!

Margo said...

WOO HOO chic!! So very excited for you guys. :-)

FYI - my email has been down for over a week, but you can always reach me at my blog.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on yall's new job and journey! I wish you both luck in your new adventure.

Stacey Renee said...

Thanks, Paige!! It's all very exciting!!