Monday, January 26, 2009

On The Road Again.

Back to the 'Burg, again.

When we moved back to Warsaw, IN in June, I had no idea we'd be headed back to the 'Burg so soon! (with in less than a year!!)

For most people, 2008 has been a rough year. For us, 2008 started out wonderfully. We were renting a cozy 3 bedroom house in Williamsburg, KY. Brandon was home, trading currencies full time from his office across the hall from our bedroom; a short commute in his robe, jammies and house shoes. I was home full time taking care of Brandon and getting taste of the full-time domestic life that I love so much.

All of that lasted until the end of May when we moved back to Warsaw, IN to work/teach at a private Christian school. We felt that it was our mission to work at the school while Brandon would continue trading, which would bring in two full time incomes, giving us a chance to save money.

The first of June we moved in with Grandma 'n Grandpa Rugs (who are divorced but still live together... just in case you are just now reading my blog. There are other posts that explain this dysfunction.. if it can truly ever be explained.), thinking we would live with them for a month at the most. We were looking to buy a house. We did not qualify for a mortgage; we looked for and found an investor, who then invested elsewhere. We looked for a co-signer...still nothing. Seven months later we are still living in the basement at G'ma 'n G'pa's.

Between September and October when the markets began to crash, we lost our investment nest of $25K. Brandon was using this money to make money for us to live off of, so basically he was "laid off." I can actually say that with a smile. I mean, let's get real. I CHOOSE to be a diamond. The more pressure there is, the more beautiful and precious I become. I refuse to let circumstance crush me. I refuse to be defeated.

John 10:10 "The Thief [Satan] comes to only to STEAL, KILL and DESTROY; I [Jesus Christ] came that they [You & Me] may have life and have it ABUNDANTLY."

So, no income from trading currencies. The school is paying about 1/3 of what was promised (which is no fault of theirs! Less students = less income for the school.. We knew this coming into it...) BUT!! BUT!! Hear me here... It just is. It is what it is. We are not bitter or angry that any of this has happened. It's just happened. Overall we are only making about 1/4 of the income that we THOUGHT we were going to make when we moved here! Crazy, huh?

Now, here is the miracle:

Our bills are always paid. We are tithing. We have a warm place to sleep. Food to eat. Cars that run. (We've been doing some serious repairs on both cars and have been able to pay cash for them both.) We were able to pay off a $1400 debt. Hackers hacked into one of our bank accounts and stole about $500 plus about $200 of over-draft charges... All has been restored and taken care of.

The Thief comes to steal, kill and destroy, but Jesus Christ came so that I can have ABUNDANT life... Though the Thief comes to hinder our financial growth, God creates miracles in our life to remind us that He takes care of us. Because if we did not belong to Him, all of this could have been much, much worse...

Arrows began pointing OUT of Warsaw...

More miracles:

I got a GOOD full time job in the Burg! Now listen to me... and listen good. Yes - I recognize that our country is experiencing "economic hard times." I hear of people being laid off right 'n left. People keep telling me that down South "jobs are scarce." HOWEVER -- hear me here... I serve a Living God! I serve a Living God who wants to PROSPER me and not to harm me, who wants to give me HOPE and a FUTURE!! (Jeremiah 29:11) I know I have His favor and he blesses us beyond measure. Therefore, I know that this job is divine. I am also believing God for a job for Brandon. If you are sceptical or cynical about him getting/find a full time job, then please keep your mouth shut. Please be sceptical in silence. The rest of you, please be in prayer about him finding a full time job down there.

Also, please be in prayer for us as Brandon and I are separated for a few months. This will NOT be fun. We hate it. But, we feel this is what has to be done to accomplish our goals at this time.

I'll be working in a dentist office doing clinical assistance and office management. I will be learning new things. I look forward to working with people and learning something that is completely different than I have ever learned before.

We plan to settle in Williamsburg. We like the quiet, small town life. Us kids who grew up in our small town fought like the dickens to get out, now... some of us fight to get back in. I'm looking forward to living close to my folks again. And, I am ready to completely settle down, save money and then start our family.

Thanks for all your love and prayers! Much love to each of you. I am soooo thankful to Facebook for reconnecting me to so many of my friends and family. I am blessed to share my life with each of you.

3 comments:

neecy said...

Stacey, your faith has truly inspired me, you and your husband are in my prayers, and I know that you both will be fine....
You have made me believe that you CAN start over, and you don't have to be ashamed.....God bless you...

Unknown said...

You know y'all have my prayers! Love you both!!!!

Margo said...

AMEN AND AMEN! You rock! I love your positive attitude girl! Jeremiah 29:11 is awesome and soooo true! Cling to it! I love you bunches - more and more, truly! I can't wait to meet you in person some day. We are going to have so much fun! Certainly we'll have to get baby sitters so we can party! :)