Monday, September 29, 2008

Randon Kid Conversations

I have always loved being a teacher. Teaching is in my blood. Being a TEACHER is not only what I do, it is who I am.

I love random kid conversations. So far, I have had two really funny random kid conversations:

In English class with my Fantastic Four Freshmen, we were discussing grammar, when to use a colon and a comma when writing a letter. When writing a formal letter, one should use a colon after the greeting. After I shared this with students, I gave this example: (note the colon...)

"Students, use a colon after you use such greetings as 'Dear Sir or Madame:' or 'To Whom It May Concern. '"

*Larry pipes up and says, "or 'You People:'"

I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair!!

then after lunch...

*Liberty was discussing using air freshener after one goes "poo" in the restroom. She said that if it is an apple scent, it smells like "someone just pooped an apple." I laughed soooo hard. I have often thought that many air fresheners do not truly cover up the poo smell. Then I said, some air fresheners smell like some one just pooped a tropical breeze... and of course there was another round of laughter, as we each began to come up with the next funniest poop smell.

Ahhh, yes.. I love teaching.

~~~~~~~~~

*I have changed students' names to protect the guilty... er innocent, that is.. ha.

2 comments:

Nate said...

Ah... Kids! love 'em!

Unknown said...

Niiiiiice! You have some special kids up there! haha! :D