Sunday, October 7, 2007

A Saturday Sojourn







































Brandon and I drove to Liberty, KY, a Mennonite community. The drive across the Hal Rogers Parkway is gorgeous and relaxing. We ate at the Bread of Life Cafe. They have a fudge shop and baked yummies that can be taken home! We then went to the bulk grocery store and bought a few fresh veggies and candies. We enjoyed our quality time together! The day was perfect for a country drive and just being with each other! Check out the website for the
Galilean Home Ministries, Inc. Sandy and Jerry Tucker are the founders of the children's home. They personally adopted 27 children. Yes, I said 27! And they had two of their own, 29 children! And they are Mennonite, living off the land and prosperity of God. Their story is very, very inspiring!!

3 comments:

Margo said...

29 children!!!!! I can't even begin to wrap my mind around that. Whew!!

I love the pics - especially the ones of you and Brandon. They made me smile. :-)

Stacey Renee said...

Yeah! I made you smile! Yeah, 29. Geesh... that is a miracle!!

Margo said...

It sure is! I can hardly handle the two little monkeys running around here all day, much less 29 of them. They must have a big house?